The DC Electronics CAN bus controlled Linear Actuator is available in a variety of options:
- Stroke lengths of between 100 & 999mm in 50mm steps.
- Push/Pull force of up to 6800N.
- No load travel speed of up to 160mm per second.
- 12, 24 or 48V DC Power supply.
- Internal brake to lock actuator when powered off (disengaged when power is applied).
- Hand crank input to manually adjust actuator for redundancy.
- Overload protection through mechanical slip clutch.
- IP66 rating.
The required position and travel speed is broadcast as a J1939 CAN message and the actuator will respond to the target request within an accuracy of 0.1mm. Typical uses are as a direct steering actuator on small autonomous vehicles or rudder control for marine applications. Other automotive uses include the actuation of remote brake and clutch servos.